Harpur Family

Home Forums Genealogy Harpur Family

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bryan Smith Bryan Smith 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Graham Bardsley

I am trying to find out if the Harpur family from Calke Abbey were connected to the Harpur family brick makers from Rowditch Farm Derby. I am hoping someone has this information. By the way, my sister lives in Harpur Avenue Ticknall.

Bryan Smith
    Bryan Smith
    Keymaster

Hi Graham, A chart has come into my possession which points to the connection you are looking for. From in between the coffee stains, I have extracted the following fragments:
    Sir Henry Harpur of Calke (3rd Son of Sir John of Swarkston) Created Baronet by Charles I Sept 1676. Married Barbara Fasent of Feston. –> Sir John of Swarkston, Henry, William Harpur of Bilston whose 3rd Son Henry married Catherine –> Henry Harpur who married Elizabeth Wagg of Littleover in 1746 –> William Harpur b. Littleover 1747, John Harpur b. 1749 and Thomas Harpur. Thomas married Sarah Walker of Littleover on 11 June 1770 and they had 11 children, including John Harpur b. circa 1781 who was the owner of Derby Brickworks at Rowditch and Joseph Harpur who was also a brickmaker at Rowditch, presumably in partnership with his brother. hth

Graham Bardsley
    Participant

Bryan sorry been away did not see your post till now. Thank you for that information I will pass that on to the person who I am trying to help find this information for. Is it possible the chart can be scanned ? I did try The National Trust at Calke sadly not even a reply from them.Again many thanks for all your help.

Bryan Smith
    Bryan Smith
    Keymaster

Hi Graham,
    Apologies for the tardy response. I sent the scan under separate cover.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com