Dating back to the early 18th Century The Swan has been at the centre of village life for over 200 years.
Prior to 1821, much of Milton had been Harpur Crewe property, but in that year a large-scale exchange of land and property was agreed between Sir George Crewe 8th Bart. of Calke Abbey and the politician Sir Francis Burdett 5th Bart. of Foremark Hall.
On the exchange plan, the Swan is marked as the property of “R. Wilkinson”. Richard Wilkinson died in 1823 and his probate papers show him as an innkeeper of Milton in the parish of Repton leaving no doubt that that this property was already an inn some time before 1823.
To learn more, they have a website, too.