A decade of dedication to the community by Mary Magson and her team of Ticknall Luncheon Club volunteers has been recognised in the South Derbyshire Community Awards.
The South Derbyshire Community Awards is an initiative to recognise and celebrate the good work done for the community by volunteers, voluntary groups and local businesses. After a resounding success last year, the Awards are another great celebration of the people and organisations who do so much for South Derbyshire.
The Awards were organised by local charity South Derbyshire CVS and Swadlincote & District Chamber of Trade, with sponsorship from 6 other local businesses.
A panel made up of the Award Sponsors met to consider all the nominations and agree the shortlist and winners.
Award categories were:
- Long Service Award – sponsored by East Midlands Airport
- Unsung Hero – sponsored by Clive’s Candles
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Sponsored by Smith Partnership
- Volunteer Team of the Year – Sponsored by Mercia Marina; shortlisted teams were:
- Leonard Cheshire Fete 2018 Team
- Overseal Gala Committee
- Ticknall Luncheon Club Team
- Community-minded Company – Sponsored by South Derbyshire Chamber of Trade
- Local Charity or Voluntary Group – Sponsored by Timms Solicitors
- Love Where You Live or Work – sponsored by South Derbyshire District Council
Congratulations to Mary Magson and her team, some of whom are pictured in the main photo above at the awards ceremony. No-one could be more deserving of the award.